Shattuck-St. Mary’s School is seeking applicants for a full-time Certified Athletic Trainer. The successful candidate will work under the Director of Sports Medicine and with the current full-time athletic trainers in providing health care for Shattuck-St. Mary’s athletes. This position will work with an on-campus health services center staffed by registered nurses and school psychologists.
Shattuck St. Mary’s School is a boarding/day school and faculty members are expected to be involved with standard residential life duties involved with a residential school setting. This is a 10-month position with a compensation package that includes monthly salary, housing & meals.
- Provide care for all sports at the School, but have a higher concentration of time working with our Centers of Excellence sports which include hockey, soccer, figure skating and golf.
- Deliver athlete medical care in a positive, caring, and empathetic manner while working to assure all patient questions are answered in a helpful manner.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with supervisors, peers, athletic directors, coaches, athletes and all other medical personnel.
- Work to assure that each athlete has the most appropriate and timely treatment possible. Facilitate appropriate appointments and is available in urgent care situations.
- Arrive in a punctual manner for all assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrate willingness, flexibility, and a positive attitude toward the performance of all athletic training responsibilities.
- Demonstrate emergency management skills for all necessary conditions that may be encountered
- Communicate with parents and guardians of athletes as our athletes are minors less than 18 years of age.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- Current certification by the BOC and must qualify for MN registration.
- American Red Cross CPR/AED instructor.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a variety of health care professionals.
- Only individuals who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the position.
Experience in contact collision sports and hydrotherapy a plus.