Shattuck-St. Mary’s School, located in Faribault, Minnesota, is seeking applicants for a Golf Coach/Recruiting Coordinator. The Golf Coach will share responsibilities with the Director of Golf for coaching and recruitment of participants in the Shattuck-St. Mary’s Golf Center of Excellence (COE), the only full-time college prep golf program in the Midwest.
The compensation package includes salary, housing, meals and benefits. This is an 12-month position with a June 1, 2017 starting date.
- Teaching lessons and coaching on-course, indoor/outdoor practice facilities and the mental aspect of the game, in private, semiprivate and group settings. Must have ability to work with golfers of all ability and levels
- Coordinate fitness and conditioning program. Develop individual golf specific workout program for individual students.
- Scout and recruit prospective junior golfers to participate in the Golf Center of Excellence while attending school. This would involve potential national and international travel over weekends and holidays.
- Assist players in the college recruiting and application process helping them prepare for the challenges awaiting them at the next level.
- Contribute to the development and execution of a showcase junior golf tournament and camps to be hosted by Shattuck-St. Mary’s Golf Center of Excellence.
- Recognize the Golf Center of Excellence is a part of a broader school program and be committed to its integration to include attending weekly chapel services, faculty and staff meetings, and other events as determined by school administration.
- Perform weeknight/weekend duty for a boarding school environment
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 4 years’ experience as a Golf Coach or Assistant coach – playing competitively at the professional or elite amateur level will also be considered.
- Excellent on-course and practice environment instructional skills.
- Past experience of recruiting players and communicating with parents.
Send letter of application, resume and contact information for three professional references to Linda Laughlin, Human Resources Director. Applications will be accepted by mail or email until position is filled. Send materials to: HR Director, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School, 1000 Shumway Avenue, Faribault, MN 55021 – Or by Email to: [email protected].
For more information on Shattuck-St. Mary’s visit www.s-sm.org.