Founded in 1858, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School is an Episcopal, co-educational, college preparatory, independent boarding/day school serving 500 students in grades 6th-postgraduate from 37 states and over 30 countries. Set on a beautiful 250 acre campus south of Minneapolis/St. Paul in Minnesota, SSM offers a mix of traditional and progressive education, combining classroom and online learning to best prepare students for college and beyond. By cultivating creative and independent thinking, SSM fosters the transformation of its students to become citizens of integrity for an ever-changing world. SSM is an innovative educational environment that encourages student initiative, creativity, and exploration of passions and interests.
The School is seeking a full-time visual arts teacher with a background in painting, drawing, and digital video who may also teach and mentor students in our weCreate Center.
Shattuck-St. Mary’s faculty members are expected to be involved with both co-curricular activities and standard residential life duties involved with a residential school setting. Full-time teachers also serve as advisors to a group of students.
- Candidate will be comfortable instructing in an innovative educational environment, familiar with technology in the classroom, and open to blended teaching.
- Candidate will participate in residential life duty, including serving as an adjunct or live-in dorm parent as needed; serve as a student advisor; and lead co-curricular activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; Master’s Degree or relevant coursework preferred
- Experience teaching in the visual arts; ability to teach drawing, painting, and digital video at both the middle and upper school levels.
- Experience with Photoshop, iMovie, and Adobe Premier
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Master’s Degree or relevant coursework.
- Experience in an innovative educational environment using technology
- Experience with CAD programs
- Experience with residential life duty or equivalent
- Experience leading co-curricular activities, particularly yearbook
Email resume, references, and cover letter to: Linda Laughlin, Human Resources Director, [email protected] or stop by the Human Resources Office located in the Business Office in the lower level of Shumway Hall. Application materials will be received thru 4:00 p.m., Monday, March 27, 2017 or until position is filled.