We’re excited to announce the Shattuck-St. Mary’s Alumni
Ms. Jan Gould-Martin ’75, longtime Shattuck-St. Mary’s educator, and I have many things in common. One is a love of books. Another is a love of all things Shattuck-St. Mary’s. We decided to combine our two loves by forming a Shattuck-St. Mary’s Alumni Book Club. Our first season is filled with books our students are reading, and there is a good chance a few of them will join us in our discussions.
Membership in the SSM-ABC is open to all alumni. Your only obligation is to read the book and show up to share in the discussion. Meetings will be the third Sunday of every month at 1:00pm CST.
SSM Head of School
by Min Jin Lee
A sweeping family saga that opens in 1910 in Japan with a Korean family, a family we follow from the beginning of the 20th century and concluding in this, our contemporary world. This is a search for home.
How it Works
- The SSM Alumni Book Club is completely free for all alumni, you just need to get a copy of the book to enjoy.
- You can join and participate at any time based on your individual schedule.
- The book club will connect virtually through Zoom on the third Sunday of each month to discuss the current book and network with others.
- With the registration link, you can choose which meetings you would like to attend. We will also send out email reminders of our next book club meeting.
Why Should You Join?
- This is a great opportunity to connect with fellow alumni, current students, and others in the Shattuck-St. Mary’s community.
- It allows for lifelong learning. The books you read and the network you’ll be building will make you more effective in areas critical to success like leadership, communication and productivity.
- Reading is good for you! Studies show it can reduce stress, help you sleep better, and improve your relationships. Did we mention it also makes you smarter?