Ingenuity on Display at Engineering Open House
May 18, 2017
Engineering Center of Excellence students showcase projects during session in weCreate.
Innovation and ingenuity were on display in weCreate as Shattuck-St. Mary’s Engineering Center of Excellence students showcased their projects during an Open House session on Thursday, May 18.
From rocket designs and the utilization of virtual reality technology to the designing of a prosthetic hand and an autonomous vehicle, a wide range creative ideas, thoughtful research, and engineering skills were on full display.
List of Projects:
First Year Students
- Nash Mahler ’17- Bicycle Frame Design and Analysis
- Jonah Kagen ’18- Static and Dynamic Analysis of a Quad Copter Frame
- Jeff Wang ’18- Autonomous Vehicle Design and Programming
- Nathan Hillesheim ’19, Lucas Humel ’19, and Sophie Williams ’19- Animatronic Dinosaur Design and Fabrication
- Nick Huo ’19- Computer Design for Virtual Reality
- Julia Park ’19- Arduino Sign Project
- Irene Yoon ’19- Model Rocket Design, Analysis, and Fabrication
- Anita Zhang ’19- Structure and Beam Analysis
- Kade Reese ’20- Virtual Reality Programming Development
Second and Third Year Students
- Morgan Friday ’17 and Misa Patel ’18- Static Analysis and Fabrication of Composite Bodies
- Devin Gettman ’17- Composite Fabrication and Aerodynamic Analysis of a Race Car Body
- Madlynne Mills ’17 and Brette Pettet ’17- Prosthetic Hand for Elizabeth
- Robert Zhao ’17 and Steve Li ’17- Drone Technology
- Emma Yan ’18- Epoxy Demo and Experimentation