Shattuck-St. Mary’s School seeks one long-term substitute to teach dance in the spring term, April 15 – May 24th. Duties include:
- Teaching 4 dance classes per day, ranging from beginner classes to an advanced class; classes are held between 10:00am – 4:00pm each day.
- After-school rehearsal with the Arch Dance Company, a student group of advanced dancers, including music selection, choreography, and performance preparation; rehearsal is held from 4:00pm – 6:00pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Direct and organize Spring Dance Show (May 15 & 16)
The long-term substitute will have access to the year-long objectives and curriculum designed by the instructor for dance classes and the Arch Dance group.
Typical pre-production week schedule:
- Fri, May 10th - 4-6pm (Move to and set up stage)
- Sat, May 11th - 9:30am - 2pm (Arch Dance Spacing, lighting)
- Mon, May 12th - 4-8pm, Act I tech rehearsal
- Tues, May 13th - 4-8pm, Act II tech rehearsal
- Wednesday, May 14th - 4-8pm Dress Rehearsal
- Thursday, May 15th, students call time at 6pm, show 7:30-8:30pm
- Friday, May 16th, students call time at 6pm, show at 7:30pm, Strike immediately following show until approx. 10pm
BA in Dance with teaching and choreographing experience preferred.
Applicants should send a letter describing their interest and qualifications and a resume to Erin Sellner at [email protected]. Position will remain open until filled.